GAELSCOIL SHLIABH RUA,
Two Stage Competition
Stage 1-Briefing Document & Application
Deadline for entries: 12 noon, Friday 17th June, 2016
Gaelscoil Shliabh Rua is multi-denominational school under the patronage of An Foras Pátrúnachta na Scoileanna Lán-Ghaeilge.
The Commissioning Process:
The selection process will take the form of a Two Stage Open Competition. It is open to all interested professional artists at any stage of their career or experience. Selection will be based on the information supplied, establishing the competence of the artists to carry out this commission. No designs or detailed proposals are required in Stage 1.
Artists are invited to express their interest in being considered for this project at the first stage of this commission. Artists may do this by completing the application form and submission of a CV and images / details of recent relevant works / projects.
The closing date for receipt of Stage 1 completed application form together with supporting documentation and material is 12 noon, Friday 17th June, 2016
Gaelscoil Shliabh Rua Public Art Working Group have made the decision to commission a permanent artwork that is process focused and involves all the young children in this school for their Per Cent for Art project. This artwork can be sited internally or externally to the building.
The brief asks the artist/s to include evidence in their submission that would demonstrate an ability to:
- Focus on engagement with young children in the process of creating a site specific permanent artwork for a school, it’s students, teachers, parents and local community.
- Reflect on the previous and future history of an area in the creation of an artwork for a community.
- Create an artwork that will be relevant now and in the future for the new generations that will inhabit this site.
- Create an artwork that is durable and easily maintainable.
- Reflect a strong ethos, vision and identity.
- Ability / willingness to collaborate with another artist, in the case that another artist is also commissioned for a community art project on this site.
Click here for the full brief and application form
Applicants can make enquiries regarding the commission to Rina Whyte, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone + 353 87 238 9591.